2683 Online
108843 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 2 VSC's with same SSID

davehedgehog
Advisor

2 VSC's with same SSID

This is driving me crazy...

I have multiple sites with AP's controlled by one central MSM720 mobility controller. For some sites, I want the 'guest' network to breakout locally and for others I want the traffic to be tunnelled back to the controller.

Is it correct that I cannot use 2 VSC's with the same SSID name? I know they need a unique name, but surely the VSC name should be unique, but why the SSID?

Or have I misunderstood something?? All I want is the same SSID to be broadcast at multiple sites, with some sites using access control, and others not.

Any advice appreciated, thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Thej0sepH

Hello,

I guess what you want is to assign the same VSC to all your APs so they all broadcast the same SSID.

Greetings

Luis
HP ASE - Flexnetwork Architect v2
davehedgehog
Advisor

No I need 2 different VSC's, with different settings. One VSC will be applied to AP's at some sites, and the other VSC needs to be applied at the other sites where they do not have a local internet connection (data tunnelled back to controller).

But... they need to use the same SSID

Lmm_1
Honored Contributor

I dont think you can do that, SSID is handled as unique value. You migt be able to accomplish the same by using a non-access controlled VSC with wireless mobility and user assigned VLANs. If using access controlled VSC and client data tunnel enabled, all client traffic  will be sent to the controller.