2772 Online
108848 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP MSM WW vs US series access points

groque
Frequent Advisor

HP MSM WW vs US series access points

Hi all,

I live in Canada and I originally ordered an MSM313 US version access point but what I got was the WW version.

I wanted to know if the WW is compatible in Canada and would it work with an MSM310 US access point connected to it?

Thanks

P.S. This thread has been moved from Communications, Wireless (Legacy ITRC forum) to MSM Series. -HP Forum Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
Marco Wessel
Valued Contributor

Yes, the difference is in regulatory compliance. The WW access points can use channels that the NA versions can't. To stay compliant (and allow NA clients to connect), don't use 2.4GHz channels above channel 12, 13 and 14. I don't know what the rules are on 5GHz channels.

It's always fun to have American people come over here in Europe with their laptops and have them not be able to see the local wireless network because it's on channel 13.
Fred!
Trusted Contributor

In theory, you should chose Canada as the country of operation in the product and the product should remove the proper channels from the available choices. So you can be sure you stay compliant with the local regulations.