5062 Online
108839 Solutions
New Discussion

Unable to access console port on HP JG654A

Shaf10
Occasional Contributor

Unable to access console port on HP JG654A

Dear Experts,

I was unable to access console port on HP JG654A and no radio interface available to perform part testing. 

Kindly help me to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Shafiq

1 REPLY 1
Emil_G
HPE Pro

Re: Unable to access console port on HP JG654A

Hello, 

The AP JG654A HPE 425 doesn't support standalone mode. It can only be configured by an HPE MSM controller or an HPE Unified controller. Both controller series are already end of sales. Without a controller the AP cannot be configured and managed and for this reason the console port is not supported. There is a very limited web GUI which only allows to provision the IP address of the controller.

For your reference

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03985257

Working in unison with HPE Controllers, the HPE 425 802.11n Dual Radio Access Point Series delivers high-performance networking solutions. The HPE 425 access point works in managed mode with an HPE Wireless LAN controller.

If you have a controller the AP in the factory default state should find it and associate with it as soon as it receives an IP address and is physically in the same subnet (same VLAN) as the controller. DIscovery in a different subnet requires more setup, supported options are DHCP option 43, DNS and provisioning.
If you are not sure if the AP is in a factory default state, you can use the reset button. Press the button for a prolonged time. The LED will go on, then it will start flashing slowly, after the 3rd slow flash you should release the reset button.
I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo