MSA Storage
1754058 Members
2880 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA - adding shelf

Clark0001

EVA - adding shelf

Is this any documentation available for adding shelf's to EVA's. I have check the certified professional portal and various other locations. I have seen plenty of information in regards to setup and initial configuration.
4 REPLIES 4
Chris Rosan
Valued Contributor

We recently added shelves to our EVA 8100 (paid HP to send an engineer).

He shut the system down, then connected the new shelves. Then brought the system back up. He set the shelf ID's on the back and it was basically done. THEN we(he) added the additional disks we bought. Went without a hitch.

It's also a good opportunity to upgrade your firmware's on controller, disks & shelves. We also had to do our SAN switches + drivers firmware & PSP on all the servers as well.
Dennis L W Thury
Frequent Advisor

There is one "gotcha" I've encountered when adding new shelves. Before Command View can/will see newly added shelves, there must be a disk in bay one!!
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

The disk drive can be in any bay, but yes: there must be at least one drive plugged in.

That is because the EVA controllers use a disk drive to talk to the EMU. You can easily see this on an idle EVA after a firmware upgrade: the leftmost disk drive in each enclosure shows activity, because it is forwarding the new EMU firmware from a HSV controller to the EMU.
Clark0001

Thank you for your responses