3088 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

HP Storageworks San Switch 2/16V

ac707spg
Occasional Contributor

HP Storageworks San Switch 2/16V

Hi Folks,

I 've inheritted an  MSA1000 SAN and HP StorageWorks San switch 2/16V, and I could use some advise on getting this setup.

If I connect my server directly to the MSA1000 I can see it, configure the array, etc, however, when the MSA is connected to the switch, and my server is also connected to the switch, my server is not able to see the MSA1000.

I am able to connect to the switch console or use the web interface to see the switch, it's just that I don't know what I need to do in order to verify the switch can see the MSA1000.  I know with networking the machines have to have IP's on the same subnet, but I assume that with FC, no IP addresses are used.  If someone could point me in the right direction or even recommend a document or whitepaper, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

sg

2 REPLIES 2
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: HP Storageworks San Switch 2/16V

Hi,

what you can do depends a bit on what type and firmware version of switch you want to connect the 2/16V to. Please provide some more information and I can point you in the right direction.

If the other switch is a Brocade switch that has a sufficiently old Fabric OS version that supports making a fabric with a 2GB switch - then what you want to do is join the 2/16V switch to the same fabric as the other switch.

When you connect the 2/16V switch with your other switch, look in the "errshow" in the CLI of the switch, that might tell you why the switch does not join the fabric.
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: HP Storageworks San Switch 2/16V

Please post

# switchshow

# zoneshow

from switch CLI.

You probably use a zoning from the old installation.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!