MSA Storage
1757623 Members
2670 Online
108862 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA HP Storage Works P2000 G3 - vdisk went offline during PSU replacement.

SOLVED
Go to solution
shahrukhntdc
Advisor

Dear Subhajit SIr!

I did the same as you guided, Powered down the MSA, drawn out only those disks which were previously not detected, re-seated them exactly in the same place as they were, powered on the MSA, checked the SMU and found that now all 4 disks are detected, please look at the snapshots. Hurray!!! Thank you so much, but now CLI of controller A is not accessible. I tried to connect with Terminal Emulator but when I plug the CLI USB cable in my Laptop it says, USB device not recognized. Its the same laptop and same cable which I was using previously till todays morning. What happened? Do i need to Retasrt Manage Controller from SMU? Please note that when I powered down and powered Up the MSA, the USB cable remained plugged-in in MSA & Laptop, Did it cause the problem? Can I run Trust command from SMU also? please guide and also look at the SMU snaps after power Down/Up. Sorry for the google drive link.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gLR603QhtQBhyNJY9kYLCFihQ4iTOt4h 

Regards

Shahrukh

@shahrukhntdc 

Good to see all drives detected now.

If SMU is accessible then CLI should also be accessible.

Try to ping Controller A IP address and see the response. If working then try to SSH to Controller A and run trust command as you did before.

If not then power down MSA again and remove all 4 drives few inch so that Controller should not detect them. Then power up MSA again. Then open CLI. Then insert one drive at a time online and check from CLI if it's detected or not. One by one you insert all 4 drives and check from CLI if they are getting detected or not and you still have CLI access or not. If for any drive you lost CLI access then you need to re-peat the steps again and next time don't insert that drive fully. You need to try and recover the vdisk without that drive.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
shahrukhntdc
Advisor

My Dear Subhjit Sir! You are my Hero!

I SSH the MSA and ran trust and now all 4 disks are blinking green and vdisk is in FTOL status. Do I have to do anything else for data recovery or it will do this at its own? everything looks green now. Will it come to its normal state automatically? As u can see there is no Controller B in my MSA STB02, but it saying it as Fault. Is it normal? Please have a llok at snapshots.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gLR603QhtQBhyNJY9kYLCFihQ4iTOt4h 

Regards

Shahrukh

@shahrukhntdc 

Your vdisk in FTOL means all fine now in terms of data. There is nothing more to do for data recovery perspective. You check if volumes are accessible from hosts and you should have access to data.

Congrats for your hard effort to achieve this.

Now you convert your system as single controller system to fix the Controller error.

You can check the redundancy mode of the system by issuing the following CLI command.

# show redundancy-mode

To set the system as a single controller system use the following CLI command.

# set advanced-settings single-controller

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
shahrukhntdc
Advisor

Dear Subhajit Sir!

I am greatly thankful to you for your wonderful support although I reported lots and lots and lots of problems but you replied me with patience and guided me, Hats off to you. As I mentioned earlier that this MSA P2000 is a completely new Thing for me. In the past 8 years I have faced only this PSU failure problem and tried to replace the faulty with new from spares but I have learnt alot from you. This problem was indeed a blessing in disguise. Thank you Subhajit SIr! May you live long with good health and complete peace of mind. Salute to HP & HP Forum.

Regards,

Shahrukh