MSA Storage
1755702 Members
2449 Online
108837 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA1000 and Emulex LP9802

CA992695

MSA1000 and Emulex LP9802

Our company just purchased an MSA1000 and I am trying to run the ACU-EX on a Dell Server with everything connecting into a Brocade FC switch. Windows finds the MSA1000 and loads drivers for it. When I try to run the ACU-EX I get a message stating 'The software does not need to be installed on this system.' Any ideas?

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
CA835867
Occasional Advisor

This makes sense since ACU or ACU-XE is only supported on HP Proliant servers and the installer checks the model, that's why you get this message and can only close the install program. I guess that HP doesn't want a DEll server to be the only host connected :-)
What you can try to do is the following:
- extract the ACU-XE software to disk via the installer
- go into the BIN folder
- run the CPQACUXE.EXE file
- normally a webpage will be launched, enter 'administrator' as default password for the administrator account
- hopefully your MSA1000 controller will be detected
A Proliant a day keeps the competition away!
david5337_1
Regular Advisor

Other way,you can sets the MSA1000 by ACU or ACU-EX on one Compaq server.
Then link the fibre cable to Dell server.
BR719778
Occasional Advisor

ACU should run on any supported platform.

The problem maybe connected to unsupported FC HBA. Only HP FCA2101 and the other dual-port (don't remember the type) is officially supported on Windows platforms with MSA1000.

Well, HP FCA2101 is rebranded Emulex, but it uses HPQ-modified firmware and drivers. Maybe lack of these HP drivers causes your problem with ACU.

There are very small chances that switch is the problem: HP SanSwitch 2/8 is actually rebranded Brocade 2800. For hosts it is transparent (however you may try to plug optical cables directly to the MSA1000).

You may also try the good old Compaq ACU. I don't know if it is available for downloading... An old SmartStart CD (5.x) contains ACU installation file.

HTH,
Alex