5831 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Move EVA5000

CA1239446
Advisor

Move EVA5000

Hello,

At the end of this year, our eva 5000 have to move to another room.
What's the best way to proceed ? There is HP support procedure ?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Re: Move EVA5000

Hi,
The easiest way is for you to use HP and they will move it for you.
If you choose to do it yourself then in a nutshell:
1: Make sure you get a full / complete /bullet proof backup before you move the EVA, just in case.
2: Ensure you have all the cabling infrastucture in place BEFORE you move the EVA - this will reduce downtime.
You will need power, cooling, fabric switches & cabling etc all in place ready to hook up.
3: If you are moving to another fabric, make sure you have your zoning sorted out ready to implement once you have hooked in your EVA. Don't forget, if you move to a new fabric are all the severs still able to communicate with the EVA ? especially the SMA/SMS so that you can check the EVA is OK after the move before giving it back to the users.
4: EVA's are VERY HEAVY ! I have heard of them falling through the floor of computer rooms! Make sure that the path from A to B is big enough for you to move the EVA around and that the floor is strong enough.
5: give yourself as much time as you can to complete the move, don't think it will take just 5mins - it never does !!!
That's about it really for a simple move - unless anybody else can think of something?

If all you have to do is move the EVA from one room/place to another in the same building/floor then it should not be too hard to move it yourself as long as you consider the points above . If you have to move upstairs, between sites, etc then it gets more complicated!

Mark...
if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...
CA1239446
Advisor

Re: Move EVA5000

thank you for all this element.

Effectively, i've not realized all the things to verify !
I think, the best way is to call HP...

We have BC with 1 TB licence. I think to use it .

The eva must be move across two stair ;-). To additionnal HP Support, few mover men are necessary !