2589 Online
108849 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Storageworks 4100 SAN Problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mark Scaife

Hi Curt, thanks for you help on this! I've tried to answer your questions for you....

1) What array are you using?
1a) We are using the Storageworks 4100 with a fibre storageworks 8 port switch. There are 5 netware servers attached via fibre.

2) What "utility" are you using on the host?
2a) the array configuration utility for windows

3) Does the host already have LUNs from this array on it? Or is this a new host to the SAN / array?
3a) there already setup and working i guess

All I need to do is add this new disk, not bothered how its done. Hence the netware cpqonlin approach. The cpqonlin utility is on the smartstart CD that comes with servers or via the cpqdploy updates on the hp website

hope that helps

Mark
krusty
Honored Contributor

Hi Mark,

Well, I think I know why were can't fix this problem. I was thinking you were talking about a Brocade 4100 (4Gb) SAN switch, and I believe you are talking about a RAID Array 4100 (aka RA4100). I was confused due to the fact you were in the SAN section, and the IP address you were seeing with your network sniffer is the default IP for all Brocade switches.

I would try re-posting this under the Storage -> Disk array section rather than the SAN infrastructure section. I would also change the title to something like "RA4100 array problem" rather than "StorageWorks 4100 SAN problem". I have no knowledge of the RA4100 prodcuct.

Again sorry about the incorrect info (I guess that's why the cable didn't work)

Good Luck,

Curt
"In Vino Veritas"
BR925663

If you have the right FC adpaters 120186-B21 or 241322-001 the ACU will see the array & allow you to configure it with no problems

RA4100 is a dummy box with FC SCSI controller, does not have any config of its own

Seb