1754224 Members
3330 Online
108812 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Netserver LC 2000r with Rack Storage/12

Roger Stumbaugh
Occasional Contributor

Netserver LC 2000r with Rack Storage/12

Where can I find info on replacement drives for this setup? I got this thing going with 3 18 gb scsi drives, but would like to fill it up with 18 drives if that's going to be possible. I'd also like to get info on how the storage rack is supposed to connect to the server, where can I find some literature for this? Finally, if possible, I'd like to get a second processor for this server. Right now there is one pIII 1000 gz processor. This server is using a netraid -1m controller card. I am not sure if I can gewt the answers here or not, but if not, can someone point me in the right direction?
1 REPLY 1
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Netserver LC 2000r with Rack Storage/12

RS12 was a storage for netservers, there is two models? one is direct attached, and one is Fibre channel.
Both can be filled with 18 GB disk.
you can use it with one Server or two servers connected, in this case (two server) you can have a splitted config (each server controll half of the box) of cluster mode(each of the servers can see all off the disks).
to add a second server, you need to add a second card in the storage, a scsi receiver for direct attached, or a FC controller for FC model.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?locale=en_US&pnameOID=21623&taskId=135&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=62480〈=en&cc=us