1756973 Members
1898 Online
108857 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: AUTOFS problem

Pedro Sousa
Honored Contributor

you can remove mnttab and perform a bdf to recreate it.
But I think it will not solve your problem.

Try by SAM:
Networking & Communications -> Networked FileSystems -> Mounted Remote File Systems

Check there if you anything abnormal.
hope it helps.
Vincent Stedema
Esteemed Contributor

Tarek,

You're exporting your /home filesystem to all machines on the network, including your own workstation. Append "-access=", where is the host you want to access the nfs export, to the /home entry in /etc/exports. Then, issue "exportfs -a" and "automount -v".

Vincent
Thomas Kollig
Trusted Contributor

Hi!

If /home is mounted, what fs type has it in /etc/mnttab -- lofs or nfs? If it is lofs, it isn't mounted via nfs.

What's about direct maps?

Thomas
Tarek
Super Advisor

in the /etc/mnttab when i mount my area i have:
/ /net/gehp180 lofs defaults 0 0 987086221
Are you sure it isn't using nfs??
When i was using automount and i mounted my local area i was in:
/home/tarek
now with autofs i am in:
/net/home/tarek
Thomas Kollig
Trusted Contributor

Hi again!

lofs - loopback file system:
"Is used to mount an existing directory onto another directory."

So I think there is no nfs involved. If you mount a remote directory then it is marked as nfs in /etc/mnttab.

Bye, Thomas
Kevin Wright
Honored Contributor

I am 99% sure that the automounter and Auto FS cannot be both running on the same system. AUTOfs daemon is called automountd,and it uses another daemon called auto_proc or something..I cannot remember exactly..do a ps -ef and make sure only these daemons are running, automount -f /auto_master should NOT be running if you use AUTOFS.
HP-UX SYSTEM MANAGER
Occasional Advisor

We have the *same exact* problem, and none of the comments reall;y touch the real issue.

The problem is that, with autoFS, if a user logs into a machine and does a 'pwd' it shows up as "/net//home/" instead of "/home/". This is causing problems with us for use with some other software, who needs the PWD to just be "/home/" Automount used to "know" when the user was on the home machine, and wouldn't use the NFS mount as the home directory.

I'm trying to find out how to make autoFS realize this, too.