1757091 Members
2149 Online
108858 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Catch 22 Auto-Port Aggregation problem with 10.20

Philip Kime
Regular Advisor

Catch 22 Auto-Port Aggregation problem with 10.20

I still maintain a lot of critical 10.20 machines with APA on them (I know, I know ...) and I am having a problem. Two of these machines were recently installed (hell of a job finding APA for 10.20) and I now have a nasty problem. ftp is very slow one way etc. and this is almost certainly a duplex problem. I think that APA is setting the duplex/speed to heaven knows what BUT lanadmin will not show anything about APA links. If I try to display any APA link information with lanadmin, I get the message:

Cannot open shared library /usr/lib/lanadmin/libdshp_apa.sl

Is this supposed to come with APA? I have no idea where I'm going to be able to get this from for 10.20 since it's now out of support ... I get this same error on all 10.20 machines with APA ...

I know I can go back to the underlying links and check these but I need to know what the running APA config is setting itself to after negotiating with the switch. Without lanadmin, this seems to be impossible.
4 REPLIES 4
Tim Sanko
Trusted Contributor

Re: Catch 22 Auto-Port Aggregation problem with 10.20

If you use sam to configure the cards the option to set a fixed/autoneg is in the menu.

If they aren't set to fixed 100, do that ASAP. then set the subnet on the switch, and then the port.

Tim
Philip Kime
Regular Advisor

All the cards/switches are set ok. I need this library file ...
Berlene Herren
Honored Contributor

I believe this library was introduced in one of the 11.0/11.i APA patches, PHNE_28777 and PHNE_28778, respectively

Berlene
http://www.mindspring.com/~bkherren/dobes/index.htm
Philip Kime
Regular Advisor

But I'm running on 10.20 ... is (was) there a patch for 10.20?