Networking
1753809 Members
8340 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to manually remove teaming information

wendy_43

How to manually remove teaming information

We have recently experienced serious issues with an HP 380 G4 when a system board was replaced due to a faulty on board nic port.

When the board was replaced the teaming configuration went crazy almost like it still remembered the old hardware. Not sure if the hardware engineer should have disolved the team first before replacing the system board??

Anyway we managed to stabilise it for a few weeks but at the weekend another engineer went in a ammended the teaming settings and it just through it over the edge!!

I ended up having to do a system restore back to Friday and then I successfully dissolved the team and uninstalled the HP netwrok software.

I am currently running on only one nic (onboard)

I want to be sure that there is absolutly NO nic or old teaming information in the registry before I start to attempt re teaming the Nics.

Do any one which registry keys to check for and which ones can be safely removed??
2 REPLIES 2
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Re: How to manually remove teaming information

Wendy:

One thing you can do is boot up into safe mode and delete ALL your NIC's. This should take care of any registry entries, but i am sure someone will post more reg info with specific locations and such, I don't have exact info.

After you reboot, Windows will re-detect any NIC's you have, populate the registry again and you should be ok.

Hope this helps, or at least is a good start.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
wendy_43

Re: How to manually remove teaming information

Thanks for your response..

I did go through a number of steps like removing through device manager and even finding hidden devices and removing them.... but there does seem to more information hanging around on the system regarding old network cards \ teams..

The operating system is Server 2003 Std

Thanks again

W.