1754064 Members
2971 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

IMC switch upgrade failed

PierreP59
Occasional Advisor

IMC switch upgrade failed

Hello I encounter when I try to update my switches (5140 and 5520) via iMC.
I tested via an .ipe and .bin.
I think the problem comes from the integrity of the file, indeed when I check the hash of the file which is present on imc (imc/data/images) and the hash once the file is sent to the switch this one is different ?
Has anyone ever had concerns?

Have a good day,
Pierre
4 REPLIES 4
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Re: IMC switch upgrade failed

If the file hash is differnet, assuming you are using the same method as the sender, then you definitely have file integrity issues.

I would have them send you the file again or use some other method to retrieve the file.  Until the sums / hashes match I wouldn't trust the file.

PierreP59
Occasional Advisor

Hello Patrick,
Thank you for your reply.

I don't know if I'm making myself understood, I'm French.
When I am on the IMC server (imc/server/conf/data/images), and I calculate the hash of the firmware of my switch, it is identical to the hash given by the manufacturer.
Then I use the fictional deploy upgrade firmware from IMC, it sends the firmware to the switch, once the upgrade action fails, I connect to the switch via ssh, I type the Command тАЬmd5sum file nameтАЭ And that's when I see that the hash is different.
PierreP59
Occasional Advisor

Hello Patrick,
Thank you for your reply.

I don't know if I'm making myself understood, I'm French.
When I am on the IMC server (imc/server/conf/data/images), and I calculate the hash of the firmware of my switch, it is identical to the hash given by the manufacturer.
Then I use the fictional deploy upgrade firmware from IMC, it sends the firmware to the switch, once the upgrade action fails, I connect to the switch via ssh, I type the Command тАЬmd5sum file nameтАЭ And that's when I see that the hash is different.
Parvez_Admin
Community Manager

Hello @PierreP59 ,

HPE Networking forum has moved. For HPE networking and Aruba product queries, request you to visit and post your query in the Aruba Airheads Community using the link below:

https://community.arubanetworks.com/discussion

You can refer to the below link aswell for more details:

HPE Networking forum migration to Aruba Airheads c... - Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community

Thanks,
Parvez_Admin
I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
CM_Cert_Logo_Color.png