4774 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: netstat command

augusto cossa
Frequent Advisor

netstat command

Hi all,

I have essued the command netstat and the IP Address 172.16.22.53 gives me the below results.

tcp 0 0 mfm01.5050 172.16.22.53.57544 FIN_WAIT_2

What have I to do to change the status to be ESTABLISHED?

yOUR HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED.

aUGUSTO

4 REPLIES 4
James A. Donovan
Honored Contributor

Reconnect. The FIN_WAIT_2 state means that your server sent a packet to the remote host asking to drop the connection, but did not receive an acknowledgement of that request.

Are you having problems communicating with your remote host? If so, what tcp service are you having the problem with?
Remember, wherever you go, there you are...
augusto cossa
Frequent Advisor

Jim,

Thanks for your help but even if I re-start the connection still with the same status. The tcp service is trying to connect a remote server which is a scaner server. Today I have re-started it but unfortunatly the status did not change. What should I do?

Augusto
augusto cossa
Frequent Advisor

It me again. The traceroute command gives me the below result:CHS: mfm01 # traceroute 172.16.22.53
traceroute to 172.16.22.53 (172.16.22.53), 30 hops max, 20 byte packets
1 * * *
2 * * *
3 * * *

Tkx,

Augusto

Jim Welch
Respected Contributor

I thought the only way to get rid of an existing connection in FIN_WAIT_2 was to reboot....I seem to remember a kernel poke to set a fin wait 2 timer but don't remember the details.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Magic - Arthur C. Clarke