Simpler Navigation coming for Servers and Operating Systems
Coming soon: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We will combine many of the older boards, and you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. If you are looking for an older board and do not find it, check the consolidated boards, as the posts are still there.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Docking Solution

Matias Bikel
Occasional Contributor

Docking Solution

Hello everyone,

I've recently purchased a Pavilion zd8290ea and I need a docking station.

Even though they're made and sold in the US (xb2000) they don't sell them here because "consumer notebooks have no docking stations available".

After a long search, I came to find a "Gibson Expansion Base", DN937A#ABB and asked HP about it. This was their reply:

"It should work, but it could not work..."

Does anyone know about this or can propose an alternative?

Thanks a lot.
2 REPLIES
Allan Bowman
Respected Contributor

Re: Docking Solution

Hi,

I don't know about the Gibson, but I do know that there are quite a few "generic" docking stations available. Most of them use a USB port on the laptop and then provide all of their connections through that one link. There are different models available depending on what you need - some have parallel printer ports, some have ethernet ports, etc. Just go to your local computer retailer (CompUSA, MicroCenter, etc. - not sure about BestBuy) and you should be able to pick one up for a reasonable price.

Allan in Atlanta
Tom Leavitt
Honored Contributor

Re: Docking Solution

Matias:
This station should be OK for you:
http://pcworld.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=923066
Let us know.
Tom
Learn From History