Operating System - Microsoft
1757426 Members
2320 Online
108860 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP DL360 G5 Routing and Remote Access

Aaron Cowell

HP DL360 G5 Routing and Remote Access

We have bought a fleet of DL360 G5 servers with Windows 2008 Server Standard. All of the servers run very smoothly, with the exception of one.

I've diagnosed it down to, enable Routing and Remote access, nothing happens. Configure Routing and Remote access and it'll BSOD / crash and reboot at random intervals. It's only when RRAS is configured that it crashes. I've applied all of the latest drives and firmware for the equipment, but it still crashes. The Minidump report identifies the tcpip.sys as being the cause. I've done just about everything I can think of, with the exception of doing a re-install, thinking possibly it's caused by a corrupt TCP/IP Stack.
2 REPLIES 2
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Aaron:

Have you tried deleting all the Network devices from Device Manager and rebooting? That should give you a fairly 'clean slate', unless the driver is corrupted.

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Aaron Cowell

I have not tried uninstalling the network cards from the Device Manager since I applied the 2 drive updates for Windows 2008 Server since we've bought these machines and originally I tested RRAS on another server of the same configuration and this second machine BSOD'd at random intervals as well. However, this is another piece to the puzzle. After posting this, I loaded RRAS on a second machine again and knock on case, this second machine has not BSOD'd yet, like it use too... so now I am thinking that you may be on to something here. Possible driver corruption or firmware, I have not checked the firmware version on both machines to see if they are the same or different. But if they are the same, a corrupt drive on the initial server could certainly be to blame.

Thanks for the reply!