Operating System - Microsoft
1756587 Members
3244 Online
108848 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP-LTO6 ULTRIUM 6250 - Problem copying .txt files with LTFS on Windows 10

PhilippePMT

HP-LTO6 ULTRIUM 6250 - Problem copying .txt files with LTFS on Windows 10

I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on my HP Workstation that has my HP-LTO6 ULTRIUM 6250 tape drive.

I tried to copy from the explorer a folder containing video files and job reports (.txt).

I was prompted by an error from the explorer copy window. Bizarelly, I can copy the txt file from the Desktop to the LTO but not from the network. Like I previously mentionned, I didn't have this issue prior the Windows 10 upgrade.

I used Teracopy and it worked. Still, I was wondering if there is some limitations regarding plain text files on LTFS?

Let me know if you have any insight on that. Thank you very much.

1 REPLY 1
Bunsol
HPE Pro

Re: HP-LTO6 ULTRIUM 6250 - Problem copying .txt files with LTFS on Windows 10

There is no limitations as such however check after updating to Windows 10 check if the controller driver connecting to the LTO is updated to the latest. Also simultaneously verify that the firmware of the tape drive is updated to the latest. Check below link for the firmware

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c04538377

Post update check if the issue is still occuring. If it occurs again then check for any updates are pending from Microsoft and update them as well.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Thumbs below!
I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo