1756856 Members
2794 Online
108853 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Keyboard Drivers Disappear

David_486

Keyboard Drivers Disappear

Hello,

I need some help! I received my Media Center Edition PC on 10/10/03 and have had to reinstall the drivers for my wireless, "One-Touch Multimedia Keyboard" five (5) times.

The problem surronds the "Internet Shortcut" keys (Shopping...Connect...e-mail) at the top of the keyboard.

I have attempted the following fixes (obviously, none of which has "held" for more than one to three days):

1. I used "HP APPLICATION RECOVERY" to reinstall the drivers for the internet shorcut keys three (3) times.

2. I have gone to the "Device Manager," clicked on the Keyboard "+" sign and uninstalled the two items that came up...rebooted. As the shorcut keys then worked, I created a "System Resore Point."

3. When the shorcut key drivers disappeared again, I used System Restore to bring them back. Certainly, I do not want to be in the position of using System Restore each time the shortcut drivers "run away."

Other than the shortcut key problems the keyboard works as it should. I realize that one can certainly live without the shorcut keys, but I feel that "if they're there...they should work!"

Thanks for any ideas,

David
5 REPLIES 5
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

David:

What model of Media Center PC do you have?

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
David_486

Roger,

My Model # is m200y (custom order)and until my "free upgrade" reaches me I'm running the "2002 Edition" of Media Center...and thank you for responding!

David
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

David:

So far all I've found is the BIOS upgrade from here: http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/softwareList.jhtml;jsessionid=TGPGBBZMJRGZTQEXGRMENZQ?reg=&cc=us&prodId=hppavilion347398&lc=en&softitem=Microsoft%20Windows%20XP&sw_lang=en&pagetype=software

Let me know if you install it and what the results are.

Thanks!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
David_486

Roger,

I'm currently in the process (per the third different tech support recommendation) of unchecking, one at a time, non-critical startup programs (RUN...MSCONFIG...Startup tab on the System Configuration Utility window) in the hope that I will disable a program which is conflicting with my shotcut keys' keyboard drivers.

If this fix does not work, I will give the BIOS update a try - although I must admit that I have never done that before and therefore (since I don't fully understand what it is meant to do) am a bit nervous about doing so.

Thank you again for your help,

David
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor