Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Assistant is malfunctioning

Chet Noblett
Occasional Visitor

Wireless Assistant is malfunctioning

Somehow my software becme diabled and I can not find away to get it back to enable. The bios is enable but the wireless lan componet is now disabled and I can not find away to turn it back to enable.

Need some advice.

Thanks
2 REPLIES
John Payne_2
Honored Contributor

Re: Wireless Assistant is malfunctioning

Is this a Windows question? If so:

a) you are in the wrong forum category. Some people here (Including me) pretend to not have any Windows experience.

b) if it is Windows, can you go to 'Control Panel' -> 'Network Connections', then enable the device?

c) if it's a different OS, more information would be helpful.

Hope it helps
John
Spoon!!!!
Paul Slijkhuis
Valued Contributor

Re: Wireless Assistant is malfunctioning

when you have previously installed 3rd party wireless management software, this takes over control of the wireless settings. The hint Windows itself shows is helpfull: enable automatic settings. in other words: be sue to have Windows automatically configure your wireless network. You may als check the service called "wireless zero configuration" - and make sure this services is started / up and running.

This is just some practical advice - please be more specific if this didn't help. A screenshot and an error message help helpers help.

- Paul
IT Architect, contractor