Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

writing a batch file

Protocol
Occasional Contributor

writing a batch file

I want to write a batch file to first zip the folder and then to copy the zip file to another location/computer using the xcopy command . Can someone please help
2 REPLIES
Jorge Pinto Leite
Respected Contributor

Re: writing a batch file

You need WinZip Command Line to do that. That will allow you to create a file that will contain the arguments to the files and/or folders to be zipped.

Without this option, it will not be possible for you to do that.

Good luck

PS: WinZip Command Line only works with WinZip Pro
Sheldon Smith
Honored Contributor

Re: writing a batch file

Get the Info-Zip "zip" and "unzip" freeware utilites from http://www.info-zip.org/

"Info-ZIP's purpose is to provide free, portable, high-quality versions of the 'Zip' and 'UnZip' compressor-archiver utilities that are compatible with the DOS-based PKZIP by PKWARE, Inc."

Note: While I work for Hewlett Packard Enterprise, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company.
----------
If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! thumb below!