6739 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Access Control Violation

Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Aculisse,

in your first entry, you said that this problem is only happening on one of your 4 nodes in the same cluster. Do these system share a common OpenVMS environment, like same system disk or at least all common files set up correctly ? Does the proxy access work to any of the 4 nodes ?

You need to add the proxy only on the destination system. Be aware that the various session control applications can have attributes set to disable outgoing or incoming proxy access. Check with MC NCL SHO SESS CONTROL APP FAL ALL

The correct statement to add your porxy for a DECnet connection would be:

UAF> add/proxy local:.sahara::test test/def

but just using sahara::test might work as well.

Does access work, if you explicitly specify username and password for your test account, i.e.

$ dir node"username password"::

Volker.
Accullise
Frequent Advisor

thanks volker...

i have checked with MC NCL, it is in true state
for all.

actually we have four different openvms cluster
but each cluster in different place. In my cluster having 4 alpha nodes. one of my alpha nodes having this problem but SAHARA is the another clusters node.

SAHARA::TEST user only trying to access my node.

Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Acullise,

discussing and troubleshooting such a problem requires precise configuration information - otherwise it becomes more of a guesswork.

You need to supply information about the source node or cluster from which the access originates and also information about the destination node or cluster. And provide information about what exactly has been changed.

If the access is only happening from one explicit node in the source cluster to one explicit node in the destination cluster, then try from another node or to another node in those clusters. If access is to a DECnet cluster alias, things may just be wrong on node node. First try access by explicitly specifying the correct username and password. Find out whether that works as expected. Then look at NET$SERVER.LOG in the default directory of the destination account and find out the source node information from there. Is it like what you expect ?

Volker.