108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Advanced Server question.

SOLVED
Go to solution
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Advanced Server question.

I am trying to modify the permissions on a share, but I am not having much luck. I am currently logged in as administrator.

The attachment shows what I did, and the results, however, bottom line,

1. I now have an entry in the share permissions list that I dont know how to get rid of (OES_REPLEN_Chg).
2. I still haven't succeeded in modifying the permissions on my original group (OES_REPLEN_LOCAL_C).

I am sure this is really basic, (I just dont have much experience with Pathworks), so any hints would be really appreciated.

Dave.
3 REPLIES 3
Paul Nunez
Respected Contributor

Hi Dave,

It is rather confusing.

Can you post the output from:

$ @sys$startup:pwrk$define_commands
$ pwver,

Login as Administrator and then do the following ADMIN commands (and post the results):

show admin
show trust

Thanks,

Paul
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Here is the requested information (just in the interest of security and privacy, I have changed the name of the domain and server)

thanks

Dave
Paul Nunez
Respected Contributor
Solution

Ok, the group OES_REPLEN_LOCAL_C is a _local_ domain group in domain "DOM001" which means it can be used only on domain controllers in the domain (and not be Member server), thus the first error you got.

The second error (likely) occurs because there is no OES_REPLEN_LOCAL_C group in the MAGIC domain. But even if there were a local group by that name in the magic domain, you'd get the same error as the first error.

To get rid of the MAGIC\OES_REPLEN_Chg entry in the permission list do:

$ admin mod share oesreplen /nopermission=(magic\oes_replen_chg)

You should be able to do $ admin show groups/global to get a list of the DOM001 domain global groups; these are the groups the member server is limited to using in permissions lists.

The other option is to create a local group on the Advanced Server, add the domain users and global groups as members and then add permissions for the Advanced Server local group.

HTH,

Paul