1753325 Members
5284 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Bind ipv6 socket fails on 8.3

MarkOfAus
Valued Contributor

(WHY .. WHY... WHY with this software do you lose the ability to view all messages under the current subject when you reply. What brain-dead software!)

Can you throw in:

char ip6addr[INET6_ADDRSTRLEN];

inet_ntop(AF_INET6, &(serv_addr.sin6_addr), ip6addr, INET6_ADDRSTRLEN);

printf("The address is: %s\n", ip6addr);

Does it return your IP6 address?

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Bind IPv6 socket fails on 8.3

>Why with this software do you lose the ability to view all messages under the current subject when you reply?

That's what tabs are for.  :-)

There is a "View discussion in a popup" link on the reply page and the post you are replying to.

MarkOfAus
Valued Contributor

I have no idea what "tabs" are? Maybe it's a firefox thing. Perhaps it's because I don't enable every site because I use NoScript.

I now see the "View discussion in a popup" - a rather vague html link. A button would do wonders, one would think?

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up.

MarkOfAus
Valued Contributor

Trifox,

Also, I was doing some debugging myself (different platform) and was using strace. So I recalled there's a similar approach available on VMS:

set proc/sslog

and

analyze/sslog

Run the program after you've done the set proc then analyze it. Maybe that will shed some light on the issue.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>I have no idea what "tabs" are? Maybe it's a firefox thing.

No, tabs is a browser-wide feature, though firefox had it before IE.  It allows multiple pages in a browser window, and clicking on a tab will switch between the two.

MarkOfAus
Valued Contributor

Ah, right, browser tabs were what you were referring to.

Yes, I know what browser tabs are, thanks.

Trifox
Advisor

It returns

TRI21>run qq
The address is: >::<
Failed to bind socket: invalid argument

TRI21>

The same is returned on OVMS 7.3 AXP as well as Linux, except that those work. BTW  I updated the machine to OVMS 8.4 with the 900 patchset and TCPIP version 5.7 with ECO 4.

Trifox
Advisor

analyze/ssylog results attached. Nothing obvious to me but then I think the bind() EINVAL is happening right up front, long before it gets to any system calls.