2987 Online
108848 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Configuration FTP

SOLVED
Go to solution

Configuration FTP

Hello,

FTP server is running on an OpenVMS 7.3.2 machine , this machine has 4 nic installed (IE0, IE1, IE2 and WE0). Now an FTP client can open an FTP session via every interface. Is there a possibility to accept only connections from one specified interface (i.e. IE2)?

Regards,

Raymond
3 REPLIES 3
Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Configuration FTP

If you are using HP TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS product then you could look at the accept and reject options on the ftp service. See

$ TCPIP HELP SET SERVICE /REJECT
$ TCPIP HELP SET SERVICE /ACCEPT

Raymond, is it a problem if FTP can use any of the interfaces ? We run three nics per node. But only one is networked to the "outside" world and rest are internal. Externally one can only connect to the one nic. Internally we do not care. Let routing decide which way to go.

Or are there other considerations ?

Using the solution of Ian, I was able to accomplish the issue. Now only from IE2 (actually it is assigned to an IP-address) FTP-sessions are accepted.

I only was wondering what the /ADDRESS parameter does? Used in the following command:
>> SET SERVICE ftp /ADDRESS=10.10.10.1
Following the documentation, I got the intention that this parameter can be used to accomplish the same, but after trying it was not working. Actually it was blocking the ftp-session from this interface/network, sessions from the other interfaces/networks were still accepted.

Any clarification?

Thanks,

Raymond