New Discussion юеВ

NFS between UCX 4.1 and Windows 2012R2 : file protection error

SOLVED
Go to solution
Stephane_B
Occasional Contributor

NFS between UCX 4.1 and Windows 2012R2 : file protection error

Hello,

In the past, from a host under VMS 6.1, I suceed to mount and use (for testing) a disk via NFS to a windows server 2003 (that is NFS server)

Now, I would like to do the same with Windows 2012R2 (and VMS 6.1 / UCX 4.1).

After setting up the NFS share on windows machine, the mount on DEC machine seem to be ok.
In the event viewer of windows, the mount is "successfull".

Ucx mount dnsf1: DISK_NFS /host=ThewindowsHost /uid=500 /gid=100 /path="nfs" /noad

The NFS disk appears  in Sh dev D (Mnt Cnt = 0).

But I can't use the disk, Copy or Dir  generate the file protection violation error (RMS-E-PRIV).

for the share, I use NO server authentification, allow anonymous access (i use same UID and GID for the share and for the mount command) and for all machines, with R/W authorization.

(Under VMS, the account used has all priv)

I spent hours yesterday to try several settings (on windows and on VMS) but with no success.

Have you any idea ?

Thanks !

3 REPLIES 3
KIP
Advisor

Re: NFS between UCX 4.1 and Windows 2012R2 : file protection error

Maybe you've tried this already:

Try the actual IP address for the.windows.host and for "nfs"  change to actual directory/folder in quotes something like this: "/placedata/here".

Regards,

Kip

Hoff
Honored Contributor

Usual trigger for NOPRIV is either that the target doesn't support the NFS version in use тАФ TCP/IP was sketchy and limited back then, and supported only NFSv2 IIRC тАФ or the proxies mapping the OpenVMS users with the Windows users aren't established or aren't established correctly.   More than a few servers don't start NFSv2 by default.   Check the TCP/IP Services doc for setting up NFS for details on the proxies.

Stephane_B
Occasional Contributor
Solution

hello,

After few hours of search, I found a setting to apply with Nfsshare.

nfsshare <theshare> -o unmapped=yes

the nfs share :

unmapped Unix user access allowed
anonymous access disallowed
Anonymous UID =  nnn
Anonymous GID = mm

I will increase security settings step by step.

Thanks for the help.