Operating System - OpenVMS
1756511 Members
3096 Online
108848 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Powercycled to HSG80: misconfig errors

Henry Kim

Powercycled to HSG80: misconfig errors

Powercycled the controllers but see these "miconfigured, no device installed errors" when sho device full. Anyone knows what steps i need to perform so i can boot?
5 REPLIES 5
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

Re: Powercycled to HSG80: misconfig errors

What is the OpenVMS specific component of this question? (other then the unwritten but assumed connectivity to an VMS box)?
You may want to re-enter this note in the
storage->disk_array forum: http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/categoryhome.do?categoryId=195

Did both controllers come back?
What is the failover config? Still valid?
What does SHOW THIS (and SHOW OTHER) show?

Did something go wrong with the cache and do you need to:
CLEAR THIS INVALID_CACHE DESTROY_UNFLUSHED_DATA

re-power up? Disks first then controllers?

cheers,
Hein
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

[ Hello, moderator - please move this thread to the "storage -> disk array" forum as Hein has suggested ]

Henry,

the message means that a disk drive is no longer reachable - it could have been died as part of the power cycle. You don't say what your hardware looks like, so I assume any disk drive enclosures have power and you have powered them up first.

There can be other errors that prevent you from booting - please get the output of the following HSG commands and attach them as a .TXT file - no not just paste them into the message box, please.

> show this_controller full
> show other_controller full
> show disks full
> show mirrorsets full
> show stripesets full
> show raidsets full
> show units full
> show remote_copy_sets full
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

Henry followed up, but accidently create a new topic. His reply intended for this topic was:

"Henry Kim: Jul 26, 2004 22:03:11 GMT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thx for the replies, turns out the console was plugged into the "other" controller.

-------------------------

Cheers,
Hein.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

In this case it should not matter to which controller you are connected to as long as both controllers are properly bound together. There are some minor differences in the output concerning unit reservation, but we are talking about a missing/ defective disk.
Henry Kim

Its in a remote location so i didn't know the console was in the secondary controller, ultimatley i had the controllers powered off/on since i couldn't get a prompt to the primary.

Thanks for clearing up my loose threads on the forum.