1753440 Members
4772 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Question for FMS screen

shaily
Occasional Contributor

Question for FMS screen

Can we create two saperate scroll area on the same form?

I have created one with out any problem but because of space issue i have to display information on the same form and create another scroll area.

When i tried creating 2 scroll area i am getting error on scree "%FMS-E-ORDSCAFLD, Scrolled fields must be ordered consecutively."

Any idea.. Please need help..
4 REPLIES 4
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

Did you check the FMS Utilities manual Appendix A for the description of the message?

You can have multiple scroll areas ( I just tried to make sure), but the fields within each area must be contiguously ordered.
That kinda makes sense, because you normally do not exit a scrolled area with a tab, but with a gold-up or gold-down.

SO either manually re-arranges the fields in the corresponding .FLG file, or use FMS/EDIT on the FRM file and go to the ORDER srceen where you can use "GOLD C - to Restore left to right, top to bottom field order."

see (scanned) documentation at: http://h30266.www3.hp.com/odl/axplp/progtool/fms_v25/fms_v25.htm

Hein

shaily
Occasional Contributor

Thanks alot it works.

Also one more quick question: Right now i do not have information in the scroll area all the time so users want to put condition in the program saying if XYZ matches condition the display data in scroll area otherwise display some other data on the screen in that area.

I have used FDV$PUTL to display information on the last line. But how to display information on a specifc row i want.

Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

May we assume that the data layout in the alternate presentation would not match the scrolled area fields layout?

Best I recall you need to use overlaid screens if you want alternate fields/displays based on certain conditions.
So you would create a fixed top part, and select which bottom part to activate. Read up on FDV$DISP versus FDV$CDISP

Mind you, I haven't actually programmed FMS in 20+ years, so I migh have this wrong.

Hope this helps some,
Hein

Richard J Maher
Trusted Contributor

Hi Shaily,

Like Hein, it's been a while since I coded FMS (can dig source examples up if need be) but IIRC PUTL had an optional integer line parameter?

But as alluded to by Hein, I think you want to look at breaking the screen up. Look at lines to clear and using multiple workspaces so the top half of the screen can be static with different forms on the bottom half. DISPW.

Cheers Richard Maher