108843 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: TCM__EventHandler Bugcheck code 112

SOLVED
Go to solution
polar sunflower
Advisor

TCM__EventHandler Bugcheck code 112

An I64 is running OpenVMS 8.4 with the latest patches. There is a communications driver that uses OMNI/OSAP S7. It uses ISO transport over TCP - RFC 1006.

Every couple of days the communications driver crashes with this error:

[BUG]:************ FATAL ERROR **************

TCM - Internal Corruption

Occurred in TCM__EventHandler

Bugcheck code 112

Please submit an SPR

What is TCM? Is TCM used only by OMNI/OSAP S7? Is TCM used only by the ISO transport? Is TCM an outdated or obsolete module? Should I submit an SPR to try to get it fixed? Should the SPR go to HP Support?

I know these are fuzzy questions. Any general information or advice would be appreciated.

Eschew obfuscation!
2 REPLIES 2
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

where do you find this error message ? In some kind of .LOG file ? Filename ? There should be a process associated with and writing that .LOG file. Process name ?

If you've found that process, search through all images activated by this process for the string 'TCM__EventHandler'. Once you've found the image containing this string, look at the image header with ANA/IMAGE/INTERACTIVE. The image identification information might include a recognizable product name (at least for DEC/Compaq/HP software products). Does PROD SHOW PROD show a matching product ?

Volker.

polar sunflower
Advisor

Thank you. It's mine, but it is layered on top of OMNI, which in turn is layered on OSAP. OMNI/OSAP are BASEstar products.

I searched every executable in the system for TCM__EventHandler. It appears only in the OSAP products:

I believe OSAP_S7_AST_SHR.EXE is the one that is relevant. (The others are OSAP_S7_SHR.EXE, OSAP_COM_AST_SHR.EXE, OSAP_COM_SHR.EXE).

Since it does not appear that this TCM__EventHandler is used by anything else on the system, then I would have to seek support for a bug fix to OSAP.

I guess that answers my main questions. Thanks for steering me.

Eschew obfuscation!