108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Three node OpenVMS cluster hanging issues

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ronald Russik
Occasional Advisor

Thank you all for your input... I'm on a time line and need to get these three servers ready for UAT. It has been a long time since I've set up a cluster... and I'm digging deep in my memory... so for a three node cluster with a quorum disk;

expected_votes = 5
vaxcluster = 2
disk_quorum = "$1$DGA1112"
votes = 1
qdskvotes = 2
(anything else I might be missing?)

Thank you,
Ron Russik
Ron.Russik@yrcw.com
Jon Pinkley
Honored Contributor

Make sure your sysgen modifications are reflected in your sys$system:modparams.dat file, or any agen$include_params files referenced by the modparams.dat file.

I like to create a file sys$common:[sysexe]agen_cluster_common_modparams.dat that has all the cluster parameters, like votes, expected votes, quorum disk votes, quorum disk name, etc. and then in sys$system:modparams.dat I put a line with

AGEN$INCLUDE_PARAMS SYS$COMMON:[SYSEXE]AGEN_CLUSTER_COMMON_MODPARAMS.DAT

Then I only need to change one file if the cluster values need to change. I have other common include files for site specific, application specific, etc. Then each nodes specific modparams.dat only has the agen$include_params followed by a few items, like node name, SCSSYSTEMID, etc. After a system upgrade, you will need to cleanup each nodes MODPARAMS.DAT, as the upgrade usually appends to it, with values that will supersede anything in the include files, so the method isn't maintenance free.

Jon
it depends
Ronald Russik
Occasional Advisor

Good Afternoon All,

Thank you for all your help in this matter. Your solutions, recommendations, and advice were very helpful in assisting with this issue.

Again, Thank you for all your help.

Ron Russik
Ron.Russik@yrcw.com
Ronald Russik
Occasional Advisor

Set the below sysgen parameters;

expected_votes = 5
vaxcluster = 2
disk_quorum = "$1$DGA1112"
votes = 1
qdskvotes = 2