1748171 Members
4056 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: acms 5.1 itanium badly tested.

calliet

acms 5.1 itanium badly tested.

Hello,

I used acms 5.1 on itanium, openvms 8.3-1h.

Use of Qti and acms$queue_task, acms$dequeue_task

These services work fine on acms 4.5 alpha.

On Itanium 5.1 :

When there are some errors on the variables declarations, instead of crashing the image and returning to dcl, the PROCESS crashes.

Same problem with use of

acms$m_que_readonly | acms$m_que_nowait | acms$m_que_getnext for the flag argument.

Is there some patch for this problem ?

Do hp realy test their products before delevery ?

Try it.

Best regards.
3 REPLIES 3
John Gillings
Honored Contributor

calliet,

You'll need to characterise your problem better.

Yes hp test products, but it (obviously) can't cover all possible cases. If you have an example of correct code that works on Alpha but does not work on IA64, I'm sure hp would like to see it.

Package up your test case, including complete instructions on how to reproduce your problem, including a transcript of exact and complete error messages. Submit it to your local hp Customer Support Centre against your support contract for ACMS.
A crucible of informative mistakes
calliet

Hello,

I don't think a service crashing a process is a very big problem.

I think it is just a lack of handler in privileged mode.

And the description is trivial. Just to call the service with a logical or with the values I mentioned. It's a trivial use of acms$dequeue_task.

You know, to going on testing I have got a method :
I compile and link in a process, I spawn the run in a subprocess, so, when the process crashes, I just don't loose my context.
Thanks to hp quality products, I get some taste of linux development.

About my contract, I thinked this forum was a way to get answers.

I am a consultant, and I was just preparing some things to have arguments saying my customer "acms 5.1 is safe".

I don't think it is good politic saying him "ha'hum I need some support, because little things go wrong ".

Best regards.
Bill Hall
Honored Contributor

Calliet,

Log a call with HP as suggested. We and other sites ran into problems with the QTI (RMS problem with the queue files). We received patched image(s) that resolved the problems we were having. We are running ACMS v5.1 ECO1 on Alpha VMS v8.3.

Bill
Bill Hall