1757086 Members
1686 Online
108858 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

datalink transmit error

Steve Smith_33

datalink transmit error

I can't seem to get my DS10 to do set host/mop to our DECServer 700. I've installed Network Access Software V2.4 and set it up as I've done in the past. The DS10 is running 7.3-1 TCPIP V5.3 - ECO 4

$ set host/mop lutsvr
%CCR-F-XMITERR, datalink transmit error

Can someone explain the error and what I can do to get around it?
3 REPLIES 3
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Re: datalink transmit error

Steve,

CCR (Console Carrier Requestor) is implemented by DECnet-Plus via the MOP entity. Please check, whether your MOP client LUTSVR and MOP CIRCUIT are correctly defined:

NCL> SHOW MOP CIRCUIT * ALL
NCL> SHOW MOP CLIENT LUTSVR ALL

You could also try using LANCP (and/or TSM) to connect to your terminal server. LANCP commands to be used are:

LANCP> DEFINE DEVICE Exxx/DLL=....
LANCP> DEFINE NODE LUTSVR/ADDRESS=
LANCP> CONNECT NODE LUTSVR

Volker.
Steve Smith_33

The problem doesn├в t appear to be with my LUTSRV setup. It doesn├в t even try to make the connection it just comes back right away the with the error mentioned.

I've looked at the show MOP CIRCUIT * ALL and the results appear to match those on another server. It shows that I have three CSMACD (0 to 2) identifiers defined. My configuration uses CDMACD-0.

I deleted the LUTSRV entry under NET$configure, DSV$CONFIGURE and under MCR NCL. I ran the setup under NET$CONFIGURE then ran "MCR NCL SHO MOP CLIENT LUTSRV ALL". I noticed it didn't have an entry yet. It only contained an entry after I ran DSV$CONFIGURE->Add.

I would have expected NET$CONFIGURE to add an entry in MCR NCL.

Any suggestions on what I could do to get the SET HOST/MOP working again would be appreci
Steve Smith_33

Actually our procedure had me doing a SHO MOP CIRCUIT * ALL IDENT but I didn't see any meaning full information and didn't clue in to the fact that the circuits are linked to ports.

Doing a NCL>sho routing circuit * all
Data Link Port = CSMA-CD Port CSMACD$EIA_0003

The Data link Port information pointed to the correct Ethernet Device name, which I had incorrect and now have corrected and it works.