1752803 Members
5639 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

-regarding cmdscript--

Mrityunjoy Kundu
Frequent Advisor

-regarding cmdscript--

In my teritorry there are five servers in cluster where openvms 7.3-2 is running.A ra8000 storage system is connected via SCSI HUB. We access storage disk from our servers via cmdscript.
$mcr cmdscript -f
HSZ80>
Yestarday,we run fault management utility from cmdscript to debug an instance code
FMU>
But when we type exit in FMU prompt it returns to server prompt.

WE donot get controller prompt.
Now when i enter this command from any of my server prompt it returns FMU prompt.
$mcr cmdscript -f
FMU>
Inspite of that when we want to run fmu from controller console it states that already FMU is running.

Please guide me to sort out this problem.
3 REPLIES 3
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Re: -regarding cmdscript--

I've no experience with CMDSCRIPT, but here are some suggestions to try:

$ mcr cmdscript -f cli exit

$ mcr cmdscript -f "quit"

Or any variation of these kind of commands. If everything fails, you might have to restart your HSZ80 sub-system.

Volker.
Hoff
Honored Contributor

The Fault Management Utility (FMU) exit command is EXIT. If this command is not working, I'd then ensure the ACS firmware is current, and (if so) I'd then contact your support organization for assistance.

Try the following, or try a few searches (and definitely also remember to try the Google caches if the main Google links are down -- some were, when I searched) for very basic discussions of the Fault Management Utility (FMU). From one search I found:

http://www.xenya.si/sup/info/digital/MDS/jun99/Cd3/STORAGE/70CTLINA.PDF

I'd probably try asking in the ITRC Storage Forum, as that's were more of the storage folks likely lurk. (This really doesn't seem to be an OpenVMS system management question, at least not in the classic sense.)
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

What's happening may be that cmdscript parses the input stream and recognizes the 'exit' command and terminates itself instead of sending this command to whatever is currently running at the HSZ80...

Volker.