Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
Operating System - Tru64 Unix
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADVFS: Assigning a unique fileset dev

Juan Canjura
Advisor

ADVFS: Assigning a unique fileset dev

Hi all,

I just got this messages when I tried to move a couple of AdvFS physically located on an EMC-DMX and I've been trying to find some information related to this message with no luck. I even don't know if the messages are errors/warnings/info?

Once mounted, the filesystems are accessible with no problems and if you dismount/remount the FS, there are no more messages.

ADVFS: Assigning a unique fileset dev for BCVxxx#ORAxxx
ADVFS: This will result in stale NFS file handles
ADVFS: when this file set is re-mounted,
ADVFS: forcing NFS clients to re-mount.

If someone can shed some light here it will be greatly appreciated.

Juan
2 REPLIES
Venkatesh BL
Honored Contributor

Re: ADVFS: Assigning a unique fileset dev

What is the OS/patch version? Can you explain the problem steps (with error messages) in detail? This would help us understand the problem better.
Juan Canjura
Advisor

Re: ADVFS: Assigning a unique fileset dev

The OS/Patch level is T64V51BB26AS0005-20050502. The DMX (EMC box) has a set of Standard/BCV disks. The BCV disks are presented to one Alpha Server to make a copy of the database and then those disks are presented and mounted to another Tru64 box (same os/patch level) to generate all the reports, and tests on the database copy.

Only one server has access to the disks at a time.

The problem occurred when we tried to mount the disks on the second Tru64 box.

If you need more information, please let me know.

Thanks

Juan