Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
Operating System - Tru64 Unix
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSM RAID 1+0 Possible?

SOLVED
Go to solution

LSM RAID 1+0 Possible?

Is it possible to create a RAID 1+0 configuration using only LSM on Tru64 5.1b? The docs say LSM does 0, 1, 0+1, and 5 but are silent about 1+0.

I didn't find anything on Google about RAID 1+0.

Thanks.

Mario
6 REPLIES
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Re: LSM RAID 1+0 Possible?

Hi,

yes, it is possible. You build two plexes with 3 striped disks and these plexes you mirror. You find it in the docs for lsm page 4-16.

greetings,

Michael

Thanks, Michael. Unless I'm mistaken, page 4-16 of the LSM manual shows how to make RAID 0+1 volumes. That is, mirroring two stripes. I'm looking to do the inverse, striping across mirrors.

Mario
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi Mario,

yes, you are right. I overlooked that detail. It seems not possible because you have only striped or concatenated plexes and not a mirrored one. The top layer is always the mirror.

greetings,

Michael
Johan Brusche
Honored Contributor

What issue are you want to address here ?
If intention is to increase the size of the mirrored volume, you could try "volassist grow"

__ Johan.

_JB_
Han Pilmeyer
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

I suspect it's the availability issue of 1+0 versus 0+1.

Unfortunately this can not be done with LSM.

Can't be done. Thanks everyone.