Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Tru64 Unix
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSF-BASE license Eroor on TRU64Unix 5.1B

SOLVED
Go to solution
Learn_1
Regular Advisor

OSF-BASE license Eroor on TRU64Unix 5.1B

I have just installed TRU64Unix 5.1B on AS4100A.when i try to load OSF-BASE License it reports license registered but not loaded.the server is single processor equipped.firmware version is 5.4 and i have not yet loaded patch kit 3.is there any solution to this problem.is it license or any other issue.
4 REPLIES
Cortes Albertino
Trusted Contributor

Re: OSF-BASE license Eroor on TRU64Unix 5.1B

Hello,

Try :

#lmf reset

If it fails again please report the following command:

#lmf list full

Hope it helps,

Albertino Cortes.
Joris Denayer
Respected Contributor

Hi,

A load will copy enough license units in the kernel cache to enable use.
It can be that your license has not enough units ?
What is (are) all the messages showing up durng the boot of your system. Especially when the lmf command tries to load the licenses ?

Joris
To err is human, but to really faul things up requires a computer
Martin Moore
HPE Pro
Solution

How may units does your OSF-BASE license contain? A 4100 requires 400 units for the first processor and 100 additional units for each additional processor. (You can see this information for any Alpha processor at http://licensing.hp.com/swl/view.slm?page=alpha).

Martin Moore
I work for HP
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details

Mohamed K Ahmed
Trusted Contributor

Every system needs its own units of the licenses. Check what does the 4100 system license requirements and add enough licenses accordingly