Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Tru64 Unix
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pearl Scripting

Learn_1
Regular Advisor

Pearl Scripting

I have AS4100 running TRU64Unix5.1B with patch kit3 installed.i want to check whether pearl scripting software installed or not.how can i accomplish this.whether it is included in the base OS or do we need to install it seperatly.if seperatly then where can i find this.As we are going to install Oracle9i on this server.
Thanks.
5 REPLIES
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Re: Pearl Scripting

Hi Anwar,

besides from just trying perl to see what happens or find / -name perl -print
if it is not in the PATH, you can install perl as a part of Oracle. I think, it is part of the Apache Webserver.

greetings,

Michael
Joris Denayer
Respected Contributor

In v5.1B, /usr/bin/perl is part of OSFBASE540. (this is the Base OS)
You have also the perl-runtime in /usr/lib/perl-5.8.0. The last one is an optional subset during the OS-installation.
To err is human, but to really faul things up requires a computer
Ninad_1
Honored Contributor

According to me perl has to loaded separately and doesnt come with your base operating system. I had to install web server and while installing that i was needed to install perl - which is available on the OS cd of 5.1B as OSFPERL540 . so you can install that either using setld or sysman gui based software management.
I hope thats what u wanted.

Ninad
Sheldon Smith
Honored Contributor

To find out if Perl is ready to run, bring up a command line, then:
perl -version
By the way: This command should work with any OS....

Note: While I work for Hewlett Packard Enterprise, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company.
----------
If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! thumb below!
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

try

# setld -i |grep -i perl

Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }