Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Tru64 Unix
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mkfset: error = Device busy

brenda perez
Occasional Advisor

mkfset: error = Device busy

Hi -
Hoping someone can assist. I just replaced a failed drive on an hsg80, added the disk, etc on the controller side. On the OS side this is seen as dsk20 and I want to associate an existing file system with this new dsk. I removed the reference to the old disk in the directory in /etc/fdmns and created a link to the new one. However, when I try to create the file system I'm getting the following message:
mkfset: error = Device busy.

I've done a disklabel -z dsk20 and disklabel -rw dsk20 and tried to recreate using mkfdmn and mkfset and keep getting the same message.
Any ideas??

THanks in advance.
1 REPLY
brenda perez
Occasional Advisor

Re: mkfset: error = Device busy

nevermind! I ended up deleting the domain from /etc/fdmns and starting completely over and that did it.