Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Tru64 Unix
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rpc.statd error

k_kivi
Occasional Contributor

rpc.statd error

Hi,
I am getting an error in my NFS Server in "/var/adm/sysylog.dated/current/daemon" file
"lockd[363]:can't create client handle to galaxy STATV1:RPC:Program not registered"
My NFS server is a As4100 with RA3000(NFS file systems) Raid and Tru64 ver 4.0F.Due to this the after logging in to CDE getting the reminal prompt it will take more than 5 to 10 mnts.the error post at the same time in the server.Almost 50 clients are connected to this server as a common home directory.clients are Tru64 5.1

Pls help me out to sole this problem.

thnaks
Kivi
1 REPLY
Kris Smith
Advisor

Re: rpc.statd error

Kivi,

I have had a similar problem in the past and my solution was to install Patch Kit 8 (however, Patch Kit 7 will also work). The problem I saw appeared to be a connection timeout or loss of application handle. My application could not accept the long wait for replies. If you are already at Patch Kit 7 or 8, you may try searching for "lockd[363]:can't create client handle".

Regards,
Kris