5442 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Aruba 2930F - Policy Based Routing

Wheely
Occasional Collector

Aruba 2930F - Policy Based Routing

Hello Community

We just bought a Aruba 2930F Switch for a customer. We need to configure policy based routing because we have two Internet connections. The quickspecs of Aruba 2930F (Link: https://www.hpe.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c05052929.pdf ) describes that the switch is capable of PBR.

Can anyone send me a manual how to configure pbr on that switch?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Manuals, Firmware files with associated Release Notes and more other interesting documents about Aruba 2930F can be easily found on its HPE Support page here: it should not be too difficult for you to search there what you're looking for.

IMHO, in contrast with what is reported on Aruba 2930F Datasheet and QuickSpecs, the Aruba 2930F - even if we consider it running the very latest WC.16.02 software release - seems to not support PBR (Policy Based Routing) at the moment...this is, at least, what I understood reading the ArubaOS-Switch Software Feature Support Matrix (November 2016) and considering what is written into the ArubaOS-Switch Advanced Traffic Management Guide for WC.16.02 (September 2016) too, see below:

Screenshot_2016-12-19_17-44-59.png

So someone at HPE/Aruba should clarify/correct this contrasting bits of informations...updating all relevant documents (QuickSpecs and Datasheet or all other guides?) which should receive an editorial correction.

A final tought: it is totally possible that Datasheet and QuickSpecs are claiming something that will became effective and released in a very near future (with a newer software branch WC.16.03 in January 2017, as example); consider - as example - the bits about Aruba 2930F and VSF...AFAIK the VSF - actually - is supported and released only on Aruba 5400R zl2 equipped with zl2 v3 Modules...this Aruba AirHeads thread should clarify why there are some controversial statements on some of Aruba 2930F documents (I particuarly like the statement "looks like marketing is a bit further then development").

Don't know if the same could apply to PBR (I mean: it could be something that is bound to the Switch's Hardware capabilities)...but, at least, the whole picture of Aruba 2930F looks now a little bit more detailed (or less confused).

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
DariusL

Can you confirm or deny is Aruba 2930F "Policy Based Routing" capable?

Documentation says:

NEW Policy-based routing uses a classifier to select traffic
that can be forwarded based on policy set by the network
administrator (limited to 16 next hop routes)

Can someone explain what does it mean "limited to 16 next hop routes"?

Wheely
Occasional Collector

No it is NOT capable of PBR at the moment, but it might be in future...

GuruP
Valued Contributor

PBR is supported in 2930F platform from software version 16.03.0003. Here is the link to the latest

Switch Support matrix: http://h20566.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=5171624&docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c05365335

And Traffic config guide: http://h20566.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=1008995294&docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c05365184

parnassus
Honored Contributor

parnassus wrote: A final tought: it is totally possible that Datasheet and QuickSpecs are claiming something that will became effective and released in a very near future (with a newer software branch WC.16.03 in January 2017, as example);

So, in the end, few months after the above sentence (December 2016)...it happened.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner