New Discussion

How to Add-on OS in RDP

SOLVED
Go to solution
wendling
Regular Advisor

How to Add-on OS in RDP

Hello,
I installed RDP with Winwdos 2003 sp1 for scripting installation. How can I integrate windows 2003 R2 in the RDP subsystem?
Do i have to copy the folders manually or is it possible to import the R2 cd's?
Thank's in advance.
Gérard
4 REPLIES 4
wendling
Regular Advisor

Re: How to Add-on OS in RDP

Has anyone an idea on how to integrate another version of an OS into the RDP repository?
Thank's for your help
gerard
Kenneth!
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Specifically to R2?
For "other OSssen" this is described in one of the PDF files that gets delivered on the RDP CD.

For R2:
1) Create something like \lib
\software\Win2003R2_AddOn
2) Place the R2 CD in there
3) Create a distribute software job and send over the R2 software
4) Run the setup2.exe /q /a (and depending on your setup you might also need the /p:

BTW the setup2.exe can be found in \cmpnts\r2 (saying that from my head)

Good Luck
Mike Gentles
Advisor

The easiest way to add an OS into an existing RDP server is to grab your RDP cd. Instead of letting the autorun feature go, you want to browse the cd and look for the PIM folder. This is where the installation routine is for the proliant integration module of RDP is. Run the setup.exe from within this folder (not the root of the cd) and it will begin with the OS selection screen. You simply check the box for the R2 version of 2003, follow the steps regarding backing up the older files with a .pimbak extension. It will ask for the cd rom for R2, you stick it in, it copies all the files to the correct place within the /lib folder structure, and will also create all the approriate jobs in the console.

Mike Gentles
wendling
Regular Advisor

thank's a lot Mike & Kenneth for those informations.
gerard