ProLiant Deployment and Provisioning
1753820 Members
8866 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to create custom W2K8 OS partition to BL460c using Altiris RDP (version 6.9) scripted job?

Willie Chan

How to create custom W2K8 OS partition to BL460c using Altiris RDP (version 6.9) scripted job?

Hi all,
I need to deploy a new OS installation of windows server 2008 OS to a BL460C. i am using Altiris RDP version 6.9 (build 164).

I need the OS partition to be a certain size (eg 50GB) instead of using all the space available on the RAID (1+0) partition. What needs to be changed?

Anybody who has had experience in doing this, pls advise. Thanks.

cheers,
Willie.
3 REPLIES 3
theprofessional
Occasional Advisor

Re: How to create custom W2K8 OS partition to BL460c using Altiris RDP (version 6.9) scripted job?

You need to use AIK Image Manager
"D:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\Image Manager" to edit your custom unattended xml build file. Learn how to use it read the manual first, AIK will be your tool to edit all your W2K8 builds from now on (x86 and x64 separately). You can look up all in help as well (via F1). The partition will be build on top of you raid disk, automatically configure via Array Configuration (pl-acu-rd.ini).

I made copy of default.xml and modified partition size to 30GB in mine:
You find disk portin in WinPE portin under x86(or x64)_Microsoft-Windows-Setup__neutral:

true

Primary

true
NTFS
C

Willie Chan

Hi,
Thanks for the response.

I managed to achieve what i needed by changing the unattended xml file. The context is similar to what you had in your reply.

Primary

I did not use the AIK method though. Not too famaliar with it. Appreciate your reply though.
Willie Chan

Hi,
Thanks for the response.

I managed to achieve what i needed by changing the unattended xml file. The context is similar to what you had in your reply.

Primary

I did not use the AIK method though. Not too famaliar with it. Appreciate your reply though.