ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1754286 Members
3129 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 1783 - Slot 3: Array Controller is in a lock-up state due to hardware configuration failure

alen_3

1783 - Slot 3: Array Controller is in a lock-up state due to hardware configuration failure

I found a problem . On my DL360 , I just boot up my server , but when I want to config Smart Array 6i's raid function , but it have a error "1783 - Slot 3: Array Controller is in a lock-up state due to hardware configuration failure" , then I can't enter Smart array config menu . Any suggest .
9 REPLIES 9
alen_3

Re: 1783 - Slot 3: Array Controller is in a lock-up state due to hardware configuration failure

Any the server was new machine , just first time install !!!
NMory
Respected Contributor

Try to load the SA 6i firmware, if it soesn't work then replace the system board...

LN
alen_3

I had try to update firmware , but the firmware status was unknow . I had replace the mainboard to solute the problem.
alen_3

proble solve .
Gwtharg

Just had the same issue on a DL360G4.
As the 6i is locked you cannot use the Proliant Firmware update pack disk ( I was trying V7.6). What I had to do was, power down server, remove drives, remove 6i & cable to battery. Power on server & let it reconfigure it'self. Power down server & reconnect the 6i controller, power on server. This will now see the controller without the hardware configuration error. Now power down the server & add the drives. Power on the server again & it should now read the drive configuration & boot the server. Yuo will see a 1794 error on insight manager as the battery was disconnected from the 6i controller so give it an hour to chareg & then reboot the server to clear the insight error. Worked for me. Good luck GW
Pinoo
Occasional Advisor

I had the exact same problem with our new server.
I followed the instructions above, still no results.
I found that the 256 cache module on the controller wasnt attached firmly.
You first remove the controller, then attach the 256 mb cache module firmly, then connect the conroller again.
maybe it will help someone....
Hubert Kudyba
Occasional Advisor

Had same error on new DL360 G5 first boot; system preconfigured by seller, not hp; as stated tested and working before transportation; perhaps got misconfigured on travel;

followed GW resolve path; taken array controller, baterry and disks out and placed them one by one back rebooting system after each; worked the trick;

Thanks GW
Raxrax

I Have the exact same problem with our new server DL 380 G5 .
I followed the instructions above, still no results.
maybe someone will help !!!!
Thanks in advance
Micke Jonsson

Hi!

I just had the same problem with one of our server (of course I├в m here restarting it off hours├в ┬ж yey) .
I just pulled all the disks and restarted the server without them. The Array controller just said that it couldn├в t detect any disks. Then I just plugged them back and it worked.
I├в m still going to report it to HP tomorrow and see what they say.

Cheers!
M