ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1755973 Members
3719 Online
108839 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Applying Offline Firmware without HP SUM or Firmware DVD ?

sflanders
Visitor

Did anyone figure out how to resolve the issue of this message?

./CP014353.scexe

Value is false

Program can only execute in maintenance (offline) mode.

I'm running into that problem as well and haven't been able to find a resolution.  My issue is that ILO always just says it "Drive backplane data is not available."  I was able update all the other firmware (bios, ilo2, etc) to the latest without issue. Regardless of what harddrive i put in my HP DL380 the drives always blink in blue.  The server recognizes all the drives fine and they run fine but it would be nice to get ILO2 working for the drives as well.  Any suggestions.

sflanders
Visitor

Finally figure this out.  Turns out when you mount the usb stick it mounts the data in multiple places.  I was executing from "mnt/bootdevice", when i switched to "mnt/boot" the program ran fine.

HP systems insight mana_1
Occasional Contributor

To update the SAS backplane of a ProLiant G6 or G7 server:

Create a bootable USB stick of SPP2013.09.0 (newer ones do not discover the SAS backplane):

Copy in USB>:\hp\swpackages the files needed to update it:

- CP019633.scexe    SAS Backplane 2.18

- CP019687.scexe    SAS Expander firmware 2.10

Boot from that stick and it will discover a SAS backplane on a DL / BL G6 or G7 server.

Attention! It might propose to update the Emulex or Qlogic HBA as well all though it will downgrade it if already updated with SPP2014.02.0, SPP2014.06.0 or 2014.09.0 + Maintenance Bundle.

I use this method > 1 year and works fine.

After update remove power cords for 2 minutes.

BTW: SPP2014090+ detects only half of the FW components in Pre-Gen8 servers => good method to verify idf PMC, PXE ROM, local disks are well discovered and updated by later SPP.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

>> Create a bootable USB stick of SPP2013.09.0 (newer ones do not discover the SAS backplane):

I added SAS expander firmware 2.10 and SAS backplane firmware 1.16 and 1.18(D) to SPP2014. It found SAS expander and SAS backplane version 1.16 to be used for update, but not 1.18?

Strange ...

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!