1756038 Members
3429 Online
108839 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

BL40p and static ip bay configuration

Gerald Arndt
Occasional Contributor

BL40p and static ip bay configuration

In all of our enhanced enclosures, whenever we put a BL40p in slots 1-4 of an enclosure, the static ip bay configuration options are not available in the ILO under Administration>>Network Settings or the BLp- Class tab. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Firmware on all blades = 1.75; enclosure firmware = 2.10

Thanks,
Jerry
6 REPLIES 6
Gerald Arndt
Occasional Contributor

Re: BL40p and static ip bay configuration

Anybody?? Here is an update: It is not isolated to the BL40p. We have an enclosure full of BL20p's with the same problem and we have one enclosure with a BL40p in slots 1-4 that is working fine.
cchoate
Frequent Advisor

I have had this happen on 3 of my enclosures. I had to replace the signal backplane to fix this on all 3. That option is actually getting configured on the Power Management Module through the ILO, and the ILO is not getting through to it. It is more or less a pass through the the PMM.

I had the latest and greatest of everything.
We had a bad power backplane and when we replaced that, we lost the static ip bay option. In another enclosure all I did was change the ip range for the static ip bay and lost the option to configure it. The other one was bad out of the box.

We are looking at other vendors now do to more and more frequent hardware failures. HP has no answers for this. It is nothing we are doing.
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Gerald Update firmware for ILO to latest one (or at least 1.80) and Management Modules all (one at the time to 2.20)

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/index.html

cchoate
Frequent Advisor

All of our ILO's are running at 1.82 and still have the same issue.

We tried multiple servers, management modules, reset all the PMM in the back, and still no static ip bay option.

I called support and we had to replace the signal backplane and that was the only way to fix it.
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

an additional reset of each blade trough enclosure might necessary ├в do not replace any component till you try to reset and Update
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

one that experience problem with 40's what bay you use ?