Did you mean: 

Cann't get into BIOS on DL380 G4 to enable Intel VT

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ondra_pth
Occasional Contributor

Cann't get into BIOS on DL380 G4 to enable Intel VT

Hello.

I have a problem with my Hp Proliant DL380 G4 server. I am not able to get into BIOS. To BIOS because I need to enable Intel VT to be able to install Proxmox.

I have already tried keys like f1, f2, f8, esc, del and f10. F10 just opens ROM-based setup and I am not able to find Intel VT anywhere there.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
krasinka1409
Respected Contributor
Solution

Re: Cann't get into BIOS on DL380 G4 to enable Intel VT

Hi. 

The option is not available because of following:

"The DL380 G4 and ML370 G4 do not have processor options that support Intel VT. In order to use 64-bit guest OS VMs under VMware ESX 3.0.x, a DL380 G5 or ML370 G5 server with 65-nm 5000-series CPUs that support VT is required.

Alternately, other ProLiant models with Xeon dual-core CPUs that support VT, or Opteron rev. "F" or higher CPUs, may be used. To see which Intel CPUs support VT, refer to the Intel website." 

BR

Thank you
I am an HPE Employee
Ondra_pth
Occasional Contributor

Hi.

Are you sure? The person I got my server from had proxmox running on this particular machine. The processors are Xenon 3.6 GHz / 800 Mhz 1M. 

krasinka1409
Respected Contributor

Hi, 

yes, I am very sure. I am an HPE Employee and this is stated in the documentation. 

Found following on web:

https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/27314491/Virtual-Machines-for-HP-Proliant-DL360-G4-Desperate-Need-Help.html

Thank you
I am an HPE Employee
Ondra_pth
Occasional Contributor

Ok. Thanks a lot.