Did you mean: 

Cann't get into BIOS on DL380 G4 to enable Intel VT

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ondra_pth
Occasional Contributor

Cann't get into BIOS on DL380 G4 to enable Intel VT

Hello.

I have a problem with my Hp Proliant DL380 G4 server. I am not able to get into BIOS. To BIOS because I need to enable Intel VT to be able to install Proxmox.

I have already tried keys like f1, f2, f8, esc, del and f10. F10 just opens ROM-based setup and I am not able to find Intel VT anywhere there.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES
krasinka1409
Respected Contributor
Solution

Re: Cann't get into BIOS on DL380 G4 to enable Intel VT

Hi. 

The option is not available because of following:

"The DL380 G4 and ML370 G4 do not have processor options that support Intel VT. In order to use 64-bit guest OS VMs under VMware ESX 3.0.x, a DL380 G5 or ML370 G5 server with 65-nm 5000-series CPUs that support VT is required.

Alternately, other ProLiant models with Xeon dual-core CPUs that support VT, or Opteron rev. "F" or higher CPUs, may be used. To see which Intel CPUs support VT, refer to the Intel website." 

BR

Best Regards
Ondra_pth
Occasional Contributor

Hi.

Are you sure? The person I got my server from had proxmox running on this particular machine. The processors are Xenon 3.6 GHz / 800 Mhz 1M. 

krasinka1409
Respected Contributor

Hi, 

yes, I am very sure. I am an HPE Employee and this is stated in the documentation. 

Found following on web:

https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/27314491/Virtual-Machines-for-HP-Proliant-DL360-G4-Desperate-Need-Help.html

Best Regards
Ondra_pth
Occasional Contributor

Ok. Thanks a lot.