1751968 Members
4506 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Cannot Finish installing Windows 2012 R2 using intelligent provisioning

ADRIANBOX09

Cannot Finish installing Windows 2012 R2 using intelligent provisioning

Hi good day,

I have followed the HP intelligent provisioning set-up  for installing windows server 2012, i have created a raid 1 array and load the windows 2012 r2  installer using usb. after rebooting the installer continue to install but when the windows is already finishing installing it prompt an error and the installation did not finish. i need some help regarding this issue. thank you. 

The error says: windows could not apply unattend settings during pass [offlineServicing]

i have attached the screenshot here: 

1 REPLY 1
ardtech
Occasional Advisor

Re: Cannot Finish installing Windows 2012 R2 using intelligent provisioning

Hi,

I had the same problem.

What I did was to only use the "Intelligent Provisioning" just to get to the embedded "Smart Storage Administrator Utility" so I can setup and initialize my raid boot drive.

After my boot drive was partitioned and setup I rebooted and pressed "F11" for the Boot Menu and booted from my Windows Server 2012 R2 Install DVD.

From there I installed the 2012 server software as I would do on any of my other systems.

I think the "Intelligent Provisioning" fails because you have to a valid paid "iLo Advanced License" activated on the server before you can do the "Automatic Provisiong".

The only down side of not having the "Automatic Provisiong" is after the OS is installed you would then have to go and download all the drivers, utilities, and management software from the HP website and figure out which ones are the appropriote ones for your Server Model. (mine was the DL380 G9 ProLiant Server)

Also, on the HP website you cannot download the "Service Pack" which has everything you need in one convenient file without a paid "Entitlement" license.

It's a long way around but this is how I was able to finally get my Windows 2012 R2 installed on my DL380 G9 Server.