1756287 Members
2631 Online
108843 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Cannot find serial number

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Cannot find serial number

Where is the serial number located on this server. I recently started at this company and there is no documentation on the servers at all. I have two ML530's, one ML360 and a Deskpro tower. Is the S/N only available through CIM? Only one ML530 has Compaq's Insight Manager installed on it and all servers appear inaccessible. I need to contact Compaq about a faulty tape drive installed on one of the 530's (the one with CIM). These servers were purchased in July 2000 for a new office environment. ANy help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

The serial number for the ML530 is the front near the power switch, you probably won't see it if you are standing up. You'll need to be at eye level with the power switch!!!
Compaq, Bring back the IMD!!!!!
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

The serial # for the DL360 is located on a sticker near the HD (visible from the front of the server) and is the second number in the series (xxxxxx/serial number).
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

By the way, the Compaq serial number is 12 characters long. You should find a long skinny bar-code sticker on the front of the system that has this number.