ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1755696 Members
3575 Online
108837 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Clustering CL380 Using MCS (Enterprise Edition)

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Clustering CL380 Using MCS (Enterprise Edition)

I was just wondering does Microsoft Clustering Server (with the CL380) have to be a part of a Domain to work? What I'm really looking for are some good instructions that clearly state how to set it all up. Has anybody out there setup a CL380 with NT 4.0 Enterprise Edition? We are also thinking of just jumping to windows 2000. Would that be a safe jump, and would it make the job easier in creating a cluster?
3 REPLIES 3
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Yes, Microsoft Clustering server must be part of an NT domain in order to work. The software user guide (which can be downloaded from the support web for the CL380 product) contains detailed instructions on how to setup the OS and clustering software for both NT4.0EE and Windows 2000 Advanced Server.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

You need a separate account in the Domain controller for the cluster service to be registered. You can use the same account for more than one cluster depends on your business requirement. for eg. you have cluser machine in California, Arizona and Texas. you can create three different account in your domain and use it for three different. otherwise, keep one common account in the domain for the cluster service - thanks -Muthu
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Microsoft Windows 2000 on CL380, is very good and safe jump. let me know if you need any help. thanks - Muthu