ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1755711 Members
4272 Online
108837 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL 350 G5 PSU Failure

Scott Johns

DL 350 G5 PSU Failure

I currently have 2 DL350 G5 servers. On one of them I have been experincing a rather troublesome power issue. It first started with Chassis 0 Bay 1 failing repeatedly. This was not so much of a problem until our redundent psu in bay 2 didnt pick up in time or started failing itslef. I have replaced the PSU in bay 1 and was problem free for three weeks. Now the problem has started again. Before this the server has been trouble free and running for just under two years. I am wondering if it is likely that I just recieved another faulty PSU or if it is more likely there is a problem with the power chassis or the board it's self. Any one that can offer any insite would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

strange issue, could be related to motherbord directly. Do you have warranty?

Jan
Shyna
Frequent Advisor

Are you sure of the model of this Server? Check and revert pls.
Ken Krubsack
Trusted Contributor

I'd check the power coming into the server as well... if you have a bad power feed, or took one spike at some point, who knows what may be fried.
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

It could be your UPS or their batteries causing a false reading. Can you run diagnostics on the UPS? I have seen a bad UPS battery cause power fluctuations and trigger a false reading on a power supply.